Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, February 3

I believe I have been cursed. 

First, the Broncos lose the Super Bowl in an embarrassing defeat. They haven't played so horribly in quite a while. I'd like to believe they were payed off, but I'd also like to believe that they have the moral strength to not be bribed so easily. 

Then, a few hours later, my laptop breaks. I'm not sure how, but I opened it and got the pixelated white and black that occurs when you apply a great deal of force to a small area of the screen. I'm not sure what caused it, but it certainly wasn't me as I was two floors above it, showering at the time. It's still under warranty so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it running again.

On top of that, my washing machine is on the verge of giving up and my dryer burns all my clothes. It's grinding and shaking and making horrifying sounds like a whale dying with a sinus infection, all wet and gross. I'm just hoping I can get all my laundry done before it floods my house.

So no video for last week. I was in the process of editing the bookshelf tour when the screen cracked or whatever. I'm thinking about making a video that explains the computer thing. But it'll have to be done in one go on the ipad and I'm not so awesome with that. There's a lot of blank footage of me staring off into space while I record my regular videos. 

I'm not sure how long it's going to take to have it fixed. Kevin is going to have a shot at it (which I'm not too thrilled about) and I'll probably have to take it to best buy and have them replace the whole screen. Hopefully, that will be done by the end of this week so I can continue with homework and editing stuff. 

Blue Bloods and The Book of Disquiet are still kicking my ass, but I've passed the halfway point in each of them. It's a slow process, but I hope that I can finish them this month. I started reading both of them about a year ago. Which is aggravating for me. I should have finished by now!!!

I'm still not sure what I'll be reading this week for valentines day. They tell me the books are "in transit" to my library which means they could come later today or take until Friday. But whichever one I grab first (maybe the shortest one if I don't have a lot of time to read) will be the lucky one and I'll put it on goodreads as soon as possible. I'm still reading and updating goodreads almost everyday so you can keep track of my progress on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment