Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday, February 13

I'm not proud of myself at all. I still haven't taken the laptop in. Today is the day, though. I hope. I'm just really uncomfortable with going, I think. Maybe if I had another person behind me, prodding me the whole time, I'd be okay. I might make my mom go with me tonight. Or make Kevin go tomorrow, but that's not a real romantic thing to do on Valentine's Day. 

Speaking of Valentine's! My mom's presents include getting her car taken in for a tune-up (we're dropping it off tonight), flowers, a store bought card, breakfast in bed, and me driving her around for a day. The car thing is going to be pretty expensive so we had to cut back on actual presents. I got Kevin a fan for his computer because it overheats like crazy and I'm going to take him shopping for something to sleep in and cute boxers. He really needs something other than regular monochromatic black and grey. I'm also thinking a hat so he doesn't have to keep stealing them from people, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough. Kevin already ate my present of chocolate, I think, which is good. I'm not a big fan of chocolate, especially since dark chocolate make me puke and if I eat too much milk chocolate, I get a tummy ache. I probably would have just given it to him to eat anyway :)

Tomorrow, I have a meeting with an author about his book, but I'm still struggling with some of the sections that are worded weird. I think I. Just going to have to go over it with him and see if we can't both agree on the wording and the syntax. For instance, I use the Oxford comma, but he might not.

The Book of Disquiet and Blue Bloods didn't get finished like they were supposed to, sadly. I have to return them in about three hours, but there's no way I can finish another 200 pages of Pessoa by then. So I'll just have to return them and check them back out when I'm done with the February books I set aside.

Right after this, I'm going to go back to editing and when I get tired of that, I'll start writing my reviews on hubpages again. I can't do either for longer than an hour, but if I go back and forth, it shouldn't be so hard. I really need to start catching up on hubpages or the pile of books that I haven't finished is going to get higher and higher and overtake my desk again. I must not let it happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment