Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday, February 22

I was finally able to post new videos! An update (that mostly focused on my contributions to A Sea of Fate that's coming out pretty soon), and an actual review. I just taped my review for Broken Hearts, so expect that in a day or so. 

I'm very excited for Kyle Throw's first novel, A Sea of Fate (hereby referred to as ASF). He's been working on it for seven years and he's already got a sequel in the making. It's hard to summarize it without giving anything away and there's no official summary yet. What I can say is this: it's a fantasy novel with three main characters. Sheala is a sheltered girl who is forced out of her home and into the city of Roghulth for protection. Alexander is a young boy who wants nothing more than to go on adventures like the ones in the stories he hears about his father, King Aireander. Victor, Alexander's half brother, is the captain of the Honored Guard, a group of highly trained soldiers, and is soon getting ready to battle the Mentore, a race of powerful creatures that have only been defeated once. They have come from their mountainous prison to destroy the world of men and kill all in their path. We have a tentative date of mid-March set to start printing, but because Kyle is self-publishing, only a few copies will be printed. The electronic version will be cheaper and available to anyone who wants it. 

Today was probably the most productive day I've had in a long time. I finished reading Broken Hearts, made my review, edited the hour long video I made for Sweet Treats and Secret Crushes down to about seven minutes, and edited a couple chapters of ASF. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it was at least ten hours of work and I'm about to do another hour, at least.

Since I haven't made a video since Valentine's Day, I'll post the picture of Kevin and my gift to my mom. It was the nicest thing we could have done for her. She came home from a stressful class to a whole bunch of candle-lit cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment